Friday, March 17, 2006

DA BOMB Phonecard

If Hamas is ever in the telecom business, they will be happy with this phonecard.

Da Bomb phonecard 2578
(front & back)

I got this $2 phonecard from local Middle-Eastern grocery store. The only reason I got it was because the fuse-lit bombs on the front.

Its service contract is terrible:

1. $0.90 surcharge on toll-free number from a payphone
2. a semi-monthly surcharge of $0.59
3. calls places to mobilephones may be billed at a higher rate
4. expires 3-months after first use

The irony: Middle-Eastern grocery store selling “Da Bomb” phonecard.

I wonder what would happen if I ended my phone call with “Allahu Akbar”, a big kaboom?

4 comments:

  1. hmmm.. I Wonder where the proceeds are going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, does that say a 90¢ surgarge and a semi-monthly fee of 59¢ apply on a $2 phone card???
    Man, try not to spend that 41¢ all on one call, man.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I wonder what would happen if I ended my phone call with “Allahu Akbar”, a big kaboom?"

    Obviously a knock on your door from FBI with blessing of George Bush and Alberto Gonzalez!

    -Ken L.

    ReplyDelete